Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Alter Ego

An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, a second personality or persona within a person, who is often oblivious to the persona's actions. It was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

If I had an alter ego , this would be it.I have always been obsessed with retro pin up girls and tattoos. If tattoos were erasable, I would spend at least one day a week covered in them and dressed up Rockabilly style. Well let me clarify. When I say covered, I do not mean covered like that tattooed freak, Jesse James had an affair with. I draw the line when it comes to inking the face and one may want to be careful as to the message that their tattoos are giving off.

Tattoos are a hate or love kind of thing and let’s just say that neither my hubby nor my parents are big fans. Good thing I never asked any of their permission before I got mine. With that said I guess that probably rules out me getting anymore anytime soon so I guess I will just have to live vicariously through others. Thank goodness for the internet and Kat Von D’s show on A&E.



Of course I could not resist finding some tattoo themed Etsy items.


Custom Vintage Tattoo Pet Small xs Dog Cat Id Tag
Owlways Postcard Pack

Tatto Flower Pot

Sock Monkey with Mom Tattoo

Amor Tattoo Syle Pendant

Art Print ~ The Tattoed Lady

What would your alter ego be like????

All of these items can be found by clicking on the GREEN shop name under the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, thank you for including my tattooed lady painting :)

    ReplyDelete